Shredded Pork Tostadas with a Fried Egg & Avocado Salsa
Yield 4 tostadas
Shredded pork tostadas topped with crispy pork, a warm and gooey fried egg, spicy avocado salsa and fresh squeezed lime. The perfect easy weeknight dish!
- 4 soft corn tortillas
- 3/4 pound of shredded pork (see recipe)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of homemade avocado tomatillo salsa (see recipe) or HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa
- Fresh lime wedges for garnish
- Pork broth / pork roast drippings
- Olive oil
- Add 2 Tbsp of oil to a large skillet. Warm to medium heat. Fry one tortilla at a time, adding more oil as needed. Fry both sides of each tortilla until they are browned and crisp. They should be hard enough to hold all of your ingredients without breaking. Let excess oil drip into pan, then rest tostadas on a plate.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp of oil to skillet (you can also use the natural oil from the pork drippings). Warm to medium heat and add shredded pork. Add salt and a small amount of pork broth (from your slow cooker) for added flavor, as desired. Cook pork until lightly seared and flavorful.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the surface of your tostadas. Top with a generous amound of pan fried shredded pork.
- Fry eggs to your liking. I cook my eggs on medium-low heat until "over easy" (runny yoke) or "over medium"(gel yoke - if you prefer less mess).
- Place a warm egg on top of each pork-covered tostada and garnish with a drizzle of avocado tomatillo salsa (or HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa) and fresh lime wedges. Add cilantro, pico de gallo or other toppings as desired.
Recipe by Bicultural Familia at https://www.biculturalfamilia.com/carnitas-breakfast-tostada-with-avocado-salsa/