This decadent and creamy drink starts with rich espresso and is combined with Carnation Evaporated Milk, sweetened condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, your favorite eggnog and a warm drizzle of intense Eggnog Butterscotch Sauce.
Eggnog Tres Leches Iced Latte
Start off with a chilled mug or copa of your favorite coffee or espresso. You’ll want a stronger coffee for this drink. I like to use Bustelo because it has a richer, more intense coffee flavor, which stands up really well to all of the milks we’ll be including in this recipe. Once you’ve picked the perfect coffee and added the three milks, give your latte a nice stir to combine all of the ingredients. Enjoy!
If you like, you can garnish your drink with fresh ground cinnamon, a cinnamon stick, a dollop of homemade whipped cream or some of my homemade eggnog butterscotch sauce (recipe below)!
A little drizzle around the top of your glass or a butterscotch-dipped spoon adds an extra punch of eggnog flavor. Perfect for the eggnog lover!
This drink can be stored in an airtight pitcher or container in the fridge. Make ahead the day before or a couple of days in advance to easily share with guests at your next holiday party.
EGGNOG TRES LECHES ICED LATTE
By Chantilly Patino
Makes: 1 serving
Three Milks Mixture:
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2-3 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
Eggnog Butterscotch Sauce (optional):
- ½ stick of butter (salted)
- 4 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of coarse/kosher salt
- ½ cup of eggnog
Homemade Whipped Cream (optional):
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract
- Start by brewing your favorite coffee or espresso. Once cooled, place inside your freezer or refrigerator until icy cold.
- In a carafé or small pitcher, combine eggnog, evaporated milk, heavy cream, and sweetened condensed milk. Set in the refrigerator to chill.
- (Optional) Prepare your homemade whipped cream and/or eggnog butterscotch sauce.
- WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING:
- In a large bowl, combine heavy whipping cream, sugar and almond extract.
- Mix on high until peaks form and it has the consistency of whipped cream.
- Spread over cake in a ½-1 inch layer and place back into the refrigerator to chill overnight (leaving your cake to sit overnight will produce the best results).
- EGGNOG BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE (20-30 minutes before serving your cake):
- In a saucepan, melt butter on medium to low heat. Whisk in brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and eggnog. Slowly heat to a boil and maintain bubbling heat for approximately 1 minute, whisking continually.
- Turn the heat off and continue to whisk the sauce until it has cooled (about 10 minutes).
- Once the sauce has cooled to room temperature, pour into a mason jar or squeeze bottle to store. Use immediately for best results or refrigerate and warm before serving.
- WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING:
- In a glass, pour iced coffee or espresso, add milks mixture, stir. Garnish as desired.
Hola! I’m Chantilly Patiño, mom to a multiracial Latino family, living in South Texas and we’re proud to share the food and culture of the place we call home. ❤ Questions or comments about the blog? You can email me at Hola@BiculturalFamilia.com. For Brand Partnerships, click here.