Peppermint White Chocolate Tres Leches Cake
This Peppermint White Chocolate Tres Leches Cake is rich, creamy and drizzled with my easy homemade white chocolate sauce. It’s the perfect fun Easter treat and a favorite of mint lovers for it’s intense peppermint flavor.
Peppermint White Chocolate Tres Leches Cake
Not long ago, I created a luxurious eggnog tres leches cake for the eggnog lovers in our family. Eggnog is one of my absolutely favorite flavors. My husband, on the other hand, is a huge mint lover. So today’s recipe is for him.
My Peppermint White Chocolate Tres Leches Cake brings together the flavors of cool mint and creamy white chocolate. It’s the perfect dessert to celebrate Easter and usher in the freshness of Spring.
If you’re a fan of McDonald’s Shamrock Shakes, you’ll love this minty treat. It’s loaded with mint flavor and creamy deliciousness, just like your favorite mint ice creams and desserts.
This sweet, but refreshing recipe starts a delicious mix of milks, including Coffee Mate’s Peppermint Mocha creamer. It’s always been my favorite creamer and I buy several bottles every holiday season, so of course I had some on hand for this recipe.
This vibrant holiday creamer is mixed into the three milks mixture, which is poured over a cooled, pierced cake and set in the refridgerator for an hour or more (ideally overnight) to soak up all of that milky goodness. The result is a moist, tender cake, dripping fresh mint flavor and covered in smooth, creamy white chocolate.
To add to the luxury of this cake, it’s covered with a gorgeous Ghirardelli white chocolate sauce. This combination of high quality white chocolate wafers and heavy cream is whisked into a unbelievably creamy, dreamy sauce.
Drizzle this gorgeous white chocolate sauce over your chilled tres leches cake and top with crushed peppermint candies. Provecho!
PEPPERMINT WHITE CHOCOLATE TRES LECHES CAKE
Tools you’ll need:
- Hand mixer
- 3 large mixing bowls
- Large whisk
- Rubber spatula or wooden spoon
- 9×13 inch nonstick cake pan
Three Milks Mixture
- 1 ½ cups (or 1 – 12oz can) of Carnation Evaporated Milk
- ½ – 14oz can (about ⅓ cup) of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (1 – 16 oz bottle) of Nestle Coffee Mate Peppermint Mocha creamer
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of pure mint extract
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 6 eggs (yolks and whites separated)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of pure mint extract
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons of pure mint extract
White Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of coarse/kosher salt
- Before you begin, make your you’ve left the unsalted butter and eggs out at room temperature for at least one hour.
- THREE MILKS
Start by mixing together the ingredients for your three milksmixture. Whisk together evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and peppermint creamer and mint extract. Set in the refrigerator to chill in a sealed container.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Cream together 1 stick of unsalted butter (room temperature), ½ cup of sugar and mint extract.
- Add egg yolks (also room temperature) one at a time until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites on high until frothy.
- Slowly add ½ cup of sugar to frothy egg whites and beat until soft peaks form.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, slowly fold the fluffy egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- While beating on low, slowly sift the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Continue mixing on slow until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15-20 minutes, testing with a toothpick or fork every 5 minutes. Remove from heat as soon as your toothpick comes out cleanly and no cake residue is left behind. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, pierce the top of the cake with a fork (as seen in
imageabove). This will help the three milksmixture to be absorbed into the cake, creating its unique texture and flavor.
- Pour the three
milksmixture over top of the cooled cake until the cake is fully submerged. Cover and set in refrigerator to chill. Let sit for a least one hour before icing with whipped cream topping.
- WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING:
- In a large bowl, combine heavy whipping cream, sugar and mint extract.
- Mix on high until peaks form and it has the consistency of whipped cream.
- Spread over cake in a ½-1 inch layer and place back into the refrigerator to chill overnight (leaving your cake to sit overnight will produce the best results).
- WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE: (make ahead 15-20 minutes before serving your cake):
- In a saucepan, warm heavy cream on medium to low heat. Whisk in white chocolate wafers. Slowly heat to a boil and maintain bubbling heat for approximately 1 minute, whisking continually.
- Turn the heat off and continue to whisk the sauce until it has cooled (about 10 minutes).
- Once the sauce has cooled to room temperature, pour into a mason jar or squeeze bottle to store. Use immediately for best results or refrigerate and warm before serving.